16 Jan 2012
1. Amora Hotel has a special Valentine’s menu with romantic things like a shared platter entrée and a tasting plate of chocolate mousse, summer berry trifle and grand marnier brulee with brown butter ice cream. Yes, we said brown butter ice cream. Choose between a hearty Prime Angus beef fillet or light poached salmon for the main. $49.95 per person. Ph +64 4 471 5711 to book.
2. Unveiled: 200 years of wedding fashion from the V&A - covering two centuries of the celebration of love and marriage – is getting rave reviews from visitors. General Admission $15. Book your tickets now.
3. The magic and mystery of a nocturnal adventure seeking Kiwi in their natural habitat at ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience is a lovely way to spend an evening with your loved one. And if you become a member before April 1 you’ll get a free ZEALANDIA by Night Tour – you’d be a fool not to. Find out more at visitzealandia.com.
4. Treat your Valentine with tickets to a night sure to stir and inspire at the NZ International Arts Festival. Book in for a ‘tiny soundbite of heaven’, circus with a ‘titillating twist’, a ‘sizzling double bill’ of passionate Brazilian dance or another world class act during this biennial festival starting at the end of February. Visit the festival website.
5. Take luxurious surroundings in a premier studio, the ultimate bath tub for two and a late check out and you have Museum Art Hotel’s Romance Me package. Includes Lush bath ball, bottle of bubbly and Lindt chocolates; we recommend adding a serve of room service. Book now.