- Lead our trade tourism mahi and showcase Te Whanganui a Tara Wellington to the world
- Work alongside tourism partners and experts from across Wellington and around the globe
Excited by the thought of showcasing the wider Wellington region as a leading international destination on a global scale? Bring your international trade tourism marketing experience, exceptional relationship skills and an appetite for a fast-paced, dynamic environment, in a team working together for Wellington's future (Kia mahi ngātahi mō Pōneke mō tōna āpōpō).
You will leverage your existing relationships within the New Zealand tourism sector while deepening connections with offshore travel sellers and operators. (Please note - this is not an entry-level role)
About the role
As our Tourism Trade Manager focused on attracting manuhiri (visitors) to Wellington, you will report to our industry sector expert, the Tourism and Visitor Economy Manager, and work closely with the wider Destination, Marketing and Communications teams.
This role will be varied and will see you collaborating across the different areas of the tourism industry in New Zealand and globally. You will be travelling domestically and internationally for work and need the flexibility to do so.
You will be responsible for
- Managing projects
- Identifying and developing leads that will positively benefit Wellington’s visitor economy
- Building and fostering relationships with our key stakeholders
- Playing a lead role in liaising with the Wellington region’s local operators, connecting them to international markets and supporting product development
- Contributing to the delivery and objectives of the Wellington and Wellington Region Destination Management Plans
- Leading the regional presence at trade events domestically and internationally
- Assisting the Tourism and Visitor Economy Manager with budgets
- Mentoring junior members of the team
View the full Tourism Trade Manager job description
We are looking for someone who is well-versed in all things tourism and passionate about the wider Wellington region as a visitor destination. Simply put - you love Wellington! Innovative, creative and resourceful with your marketing and strategy, and bring with you:
- International tourism experience within trade marketing
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced professional agile environment and the skills that you need to be successful
- Exceptional relationship development skills
- Demonstrated experience with analytical reporting and providing a supporting narrative
- A desire to collaborate within our division and across the organisation to make things happen
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results and solutions focus and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- A current and clean full driver's licence and a current valid passport
- Abilities to speak other languages would be ideal
If this role resonates with you and you are ready to be part of a diverse organisation all about making the Wellington region thrive, apply today! (we encourage applicants to read the full job description before applying).
Applications close 9am, 6 June 2023. Please don’t wait to apply; we will actively review applications as they come through.
We've partnered with Kin to fill this key role. Please apply via their website with your CV and cover letter telling us why you’d be a great new addition to our team. If you would like to hear more about the role or have some questions before applying, please get in touch with Erina Jamieson for a chat on 027 471 0828 or email [email protected].
*Please note to be eligible for this opportunity, you will hold a valid Work Visa that allows you to be employed in New Zealand. We are not accredited with ImmigrationNZ. This role is being re-advertised; previous applicants are not encouraged to apply. Thank you.