WREDA's vision is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. Venues Wellington, our venue operations division plays a crucial role to achieve this. We manage 5 of Wellington's most exciting venues, Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, Opera House, TSB Bank Arena and Auditorium (Shed 6) as well as managing events at the NZ Academy of Fine Arts and others around the city.
This role is key to WREDA’s Health & Safety and compliance management, where you will be providing advice, guidance and reporting of best practice and compliance of Health & Safety legislation. You will be responsible for championing a positive Health & Safety culture, working across WREDA but with significant involvement with our Venues Wellington division, reporting to Head of Operations, Venues Wellington.
Key responsibilities include:
• Take a lead role in advising, developing and implementing best practice Health & Safety procedures, adhering to H&S legislation at all times
• Maintaining the health and safety requirements of patrons, contractors and staff for all WREDA’s sites, including identifying and developing any further Health & Safety opportunities, projects and improvements
• Identify and/or mitigate any H&S and compliance risks to our business units
• Liaising with managers and supervisors to ensure all staff are appropriately inducted and trained in WREDA’s Health & Safety approach and practices
• Manage all WREDA’s Health and Safety Committee meetings, agendas, minutes, scheduling etc.
• Manage DoneSafe, our H&S reporting and tracking tool including tracking entries, following up and closing off actions, and reporting
• Reporting to Managers/Executive Board including escalating any risks or issues to Senior Management and assisting in implementing any resolutions
• Being the first point of contact for Health & Safety queries, responding in a timely fashion and working closely with HR to champion a positive H&S culture and develop processes to improve the identification of risk in the workplace
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
• Considerable experience in a similar role
• High level understanding of H&S legalisation and ability to communicate this effectively
• Experience in managing health and safety reporting and tracking systems
• Proven experience in managing H&S reporting for Board Meetings, Committee meetings and other reporting when required
• Proven multitasker with a strong eye for detail and the ability to proactively manage and prioritise competing demands with minimal supervision, producing quality work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships within a diverse team from senior level management to casual front line workers, championing a healthy and safe approach in all environments
• Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required
It would be great if you also had experience working in a multi-venue business structure.
If this sounds like you, and you want to join a high performing team, contributing to the health and safety of our people, workplace and events in some of Wellington's most iconic venues apply now.
Applications close on 12 July 2017, and we may interview candidates as applications are received, so get in quick.
Please view the job description here and if you have any questions regarding the role or to apply, please contact Vathany.Owen@WellingtonNZ.com
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.