This is an exciting opportunity to lead a newly established Workforce and Business Growth team. We’re looking for a talented people leader who has proven business development and commercial business expertise.
We’re looking for someone who can oversee the delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme and the partnership needed to do so with key education institutions and Education NZ. Building and maintaining relationships with service providers, as well as optimising research and development funding opportunities, are critical to the success of this role.
You’ll be a confident people leader and comfortable participating in industry networking events and activities to find opportunities to develop new collaborative partnerships that will further the outcomes of the Workforce and Business Growth team.
Reporting direct to the General Manager, Regional Development, Destination and Attraction, your key responsibilities will include taking an integrated approach to:
- Leading relationships with key business and agency stakeholders in relation to business growth and workforce development
- Promoting the value and the benefits of improving management capability and investment in R&D/innovation to the business community, working with entities such as the Chambers of Commerce
- The delivery of the Regional Business Partner Programme
- Leading WellingtonNZ’s activation of building business support for Māori business across the Wellington Region
- Leading the activation of the Wellington Regional Talent and Skills Framework
- The delivery of the Wellington International Student Growth Programme
- Building and maintaining key partner relationships with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation, the Chambers of Commerce and other key industry partners.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to manage a team of diverse people to achieve goals
- Previous experience of working within business development/business growth at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- Have professional and relevant business networks
- Building and maintaining relationships with service providers, as well as optimising funding opportunities
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
Our vision at the WellingtonNZ (Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency) is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants and investors; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington’s economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV via Seek. Applications close at 5pm, 12 June 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.