Looking for an outstanding opportunity to be part of a collaborative team that supports the activation of Wellington’s major events?
We’re looking for a team player who comes with plenty of experience in major events, or other arts, cultural or sports-related backgrounds.
You’ll need to have proven event management expertise from concept development through to delivery, advice and facilitation to support Wellington’s major events… Think Cuba Dupa, WoW, Homegrown, New Zealand Festival, International test matches and other awesome major events in between!
Our ideal person will be a natural relationship builder, be prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, and can hit the ground running to activate and leverage the major events in the Wellington region.
Your purpose and some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Strengthening and building partnerships with key event stakeholders, ensuring the successful delivery of WREDA supported events
- Managing contractual and budgeting obligations
- Providing advice to key event organisers and partners about the city’s events policy, economic events aspirations and funding opportunities
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop event promotion and leveraging plans and activities
- Overseeing the delivery of leverage activities
- Assisting in developing an event-friendly environment in the city by ensuring the team event operations, services and facilities support key event partners.
The ideal person will bring to the role and team:
- Strong experience in an event manager, account manager, marketing or project manager type role
- Previous experience of working within the arts, sport, culture or events sectors at an international, national or regional level
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate information clearly to a wide range of stakeholders including both verbal and written abilities
- Relationship management skills with a strong customer focus, proactively meeting customer /clients' needs
- Be highly organised to ensure all aspects of work are carried out in a timely and high-quality manner
- Be solutions focused and a keen problem solver with the ability to think outside the box
- An understanding of the challenges faced by different types of organisations running events
Do you want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington? We would love to hear from you.
WREDA is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home, and want to make it the most prosperous, liveable and vibrant place in Australasia.
Please apply with your cover letter and CV as soon as possible via Seek. Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 24 March 2019 and we’ll be in touch soon after the closing date with an update on your application.
For more information on this exciting opportunity, please refer to the job description here.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.