- Get amongst the best offerings of the Wellington region from the arts, culture, and events scenes to the food
- Exciting opportunity to create unique and engaging content
- Be a social guru across all of WREDA’s channels and platforms
Working in WREDA’s Marketing and Communications’ team, you’ll be part of Wellington’s storytelling engine, taking a creative, industry-leading approach to your work to help drive the region’s economy.
As our Content Manager (Social Lead), you will have a knack for storytelling that enables Wellington to retain its place as one of the coolest capitals in the world.
You will do this by:
- Leading and overseeing WREDA’s consumer-facing social media communities
- Shaping and leading our editorial style and approach to sharing all the great things happening in Wellington, in a way that showcases the region, attracts tourists and supports businesses
- Continually producing and tailoring creative, engaging written content that generates high audience engagement
- Own the consumer-facing Wellington eDM’s from wo to go
- Being an analytical guru to measure and ensure success/engagement across digital channels
- Engaging and building relationships with Wellington businesses, events and stakeholders to promote the region
- Being on top of the latest in digital content, channels, and trends
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong expertise in social media management and the digital content space, working across multiple channels and formats
- Exceptional and creative writing ability
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and work together in a busy team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion and drive for all things media and digital (and Wellington).
You’ll work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. From developing tourism and other economic development campaigns, promoting events like WOW and Beervana, hosting media and sharing stories of innovative businesses, we work on a wide variety of projects using everything from PR, campaign marketing, digital tools, social media and of course our digital home, WellingtonNZ.com.
Want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington?
If you’re a wordsmith who wants to play their part in making Wellington famous, we would love to hear from you! Please apply with your cover letter and CV by 5pm, Friday 01 February 2019 via Seek.
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.