Have you got a strong understanding, knowledge and appreciation of the Film and Screen industry, and broader cultural sector in Wellington?
We're looking for an experienced Project Manager (UNESCO CCN Application) with a can-do attitude to deliver a successful application from Wellington City to the UNESCO Creative Cities Network 2019.
You will be responsible for research, stakeholder and industry engagement, undertaking a cultural and creative assets audit, along with developing a proposed action plan and budget to support the application.
We're looking for someone who is results-focused, has the ability to manage relationships at all levels, and with great communication and critical thinking ability.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking research on the UNESCO Creative City Network and other Film cities to gain insight to apply to the application
- Identify all relevant industry stakeholders and facilitate key stakeholder and industry engagement forums and hui
- Work closely with the Wellington City Council – City Arts and Events team
- Undertake an audit of the city and region’s cultural and creative assets in relation to Film
- Develop a proposed medium-term action plan and draft budget
You will bring to the team:
- Strong project management skills and experience to ensure that actions and timeframes are well managed and project deliverable are met
- Previous experience and understanding working in local, central government or with industry bodies at a senior level
- Some previous experience or understanding of events which bring communities together
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills (with existing film industry relationships an advantage).
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally
This role is a full-time, fixed-term position until the end of June 2019. We're looking for someone who is available to start as soon as possible, however, we will consider all applications and ask that you please indicate your start date availability within your cover letter.
Want to be part of a diverse organisation making a difference to Wellington?
WREDA is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home, and want to make it the most prosperous, liveable and vibrant place in Australasia.
We’d love to hear from you. Please apply via Seek with your cover letter and CV by 5pm, Thursday 28 February. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so get in quick if you are interested!
For more info on this exciting opportunity, click here for a copy of the job description.
Please note, only applicants with the current right to live and work in NZ will be considered.