- Leadership role
- A nice mix of strategic and operational focus
- Help make Wellington famous
Working in WREDA’s marketing and communications’ team, you’ll be part of Wellington’s storytelling engine, taking a creative, industry-leading approach to your work to help drive the region’s economy.
You’ll work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. From developing tourism and other economic development campaigns, promoting events like WOW and Beervana, hosting media and sharing stories of innovative businesses, we work on a wide variety of projects using everything from PR, campaign marketing, digital tools, social media and of course our digital home, WellingtonNZ.com.
As the Senior Content and Communications Manager, you will work alongside the senior leadership team, developing and implementing WREDA’s internal and external communications strategy ensuring Wellington is creatively showcased via innovative storytelling, editorial media and our own digital channels and social media, and managing potential reputational risks.
You will lead a talented central Media and Content team to build a calendar of proactive communications around WREDA led initiatives, key events and campaigns as well as overseeing our storytelling via website content, social media, editorial generation and our busy media hosting programme. You will work with other senior managers and their teams to ensure communications actively support WREDA's business objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Extensive relevant experience in communications, including proven experience in corporate communications, issues and proactive media relations
- Experience working with businesses ranging from start-ups to corporates, as well as experience in several of the following areas; economic development, tourism, events and local or central government
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Social and digital media management experience
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Proven experience leading a high-performing team
Naturally, you'll be passionate about Wellington, with knowledge of not only the greatest places to eat, drink, shop and visit, and of the liveliest events, but also of local companies and people doing amazing things. In this job, you’ll help to build Wellington's reputation as a wild place where incredible ideas are born.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter or for more information, contact Rebecca Gallagher on email@example.com. Applications close 30.04.18.
027 4779 433
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.