Our vision at the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) is to make Wellington the most prosperous, liveable, and vibrant region in Australasia. We market Wellington as a destination for visitors, migrants and investors; help businesses grow and innovate; advocate for Wellington’s economy; attract and promote major events and run civic venues.
WREDA's Business Growth Team works with a broad spectrum of businesses throughout the Greater Wellington Region. We have a coordinated suite of high value programmes and services that help these businesses grow and become more successful, so that we grow our Region's prosperity for the benefit of all. Some of our goals are to inspire export growth and innovation.
The team engages with business leaders and provides services to help increase their capability and develop their innovation potential, to grow revenue and employee bases, attract investment for growth, and expand their export value. The team of Business Growth Managers covers the Wellington Region and supports multiple business sectors.
This is an autonomous role as part of a well-established team.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Develop and manage client relationships to support capability, export and innovation growth within businesses in the Wellington region
- Undertake business capability assessments and action plans for clients, making appropriate business referrals and recommendations to achieve business growth outcomes or attract funding for growth.
- Coordinate industry network groups and participate in key partner relationships including New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation, the Chambers of Commerce and other key industry partners.
- Be part of the Regional Business Partner network with NZTE and Callaghan Innovation.
You will need to understand the drivers for business growth and the mechanisms through which this can be achieved.
This is a client-facing role, working predominantly with businesses in the Creative and Digital sector.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Preferably have relevant tertiary study
- Have a minimum of five years' commercial business experience with a clear understanding of business management disciplines
- Have professional and relevant business networks.
- Need to have a knowledge of, or industry experience in, the ICT and/or Creative and Digital sectors.
Want to apply?
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 14 February. For a copy of the job description, click here. Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.
If you have any questions regarding the role or to apply, please send your cover letter and CV to Vathany Owen, HR Coordinator & Advisor.
Your cover letter should answer the key questions below:
- How do you think you can make a difference in this role, working with businesses that have real growth aspirations and operate in a dynamic business environment?
- How do you currently provide differentiated value (to that of your peers) to your clients on a day-to-day basis?