Venues Wellington is a business unit of Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, St James Theatre, Opera House, TSB Bank Arena and TSB Bank Auditorium (Shed 6).
Seeking a star candidate with one to two years' relevant experience in venue management, client focused sales, strong office administration and research skills to provide short-term parental leave cover (until December 2017). Some knowledge of the EBMS booking system would be hugely advantageous.
This role is varied and will include:
- Support the Head of Sales with production of sales reports, data analysis and insights, to managing research through the CRM framework and EBMS database
- Acquire, retain and manage short lead accounts including preparation of quotes, negotiation and generation of contracts for business won
- General team administration support
- Great judgement in managing and triaging sales enquires
- To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- 2+ years in a dynamic administrative/support role managing competing requirements and
- multiple priorities
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with a CRM or Database Management system and advanced MS Office essential
In addition, your bright and bubbly personality will confidently leave our clients and your team completely reassured that you have taken care of all the details.
How to apply
To be part of a motivated and upbeat team committed to delivering on Wellington's reputation as the 'coolest little capital in the world', please apply now.
Applications close at 5pm on 25 July 2017 and we may interview candidates as applications are received, so get in quick. View the full job description here.
When you apply, can you please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Are you eligible to work in New Zealand?
- When are you available to start?
Please note only applicants with the right to live and work in NZ will be considered.