Covid-19 business support
If your business has been affected by Covid-19, you can access funding to expert advice and services through the Regional Business Partner Network
At WellingtonNZ, it’s our job to help businesses from all over the Wellington region get the support they need to succeed and grow.
We want all Wellington businesses to be prepared for both growth and uncertainty caused by Covid-19, especially over the next 12 months.
Am I eligible for funding?
Your business can qualify for Covid-19 Business Advisory Funding if:
- Your business, or staff, has been affected by the impact of Covid-19
- You are registered with the Regional Business Partner Network
- You are GST registered
- You have an New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- You are commercially trading (not a startup)
There is also specific funding available for tourism businesses, Māori businesses and Māori in business.
Contact our team if you believe you are eligible for this funding.
What can I use the funding for?
Our team provides one-on-one assessments with businesses to identify challenges and opportunities, then funds access to expert service providers who can help with:
- Financial advice and planning to help business owners get through ongoing effects of COVID-19
- Business advice to help look at cash-flow, staffing levels and understand financial plans
- How to better market your business
- A plan to get your business online
- HR and legal advice to help with decisions regarding employees
- One-on-one support and assistance with business continuity
- Business coaching to help business owners get through COVID-19
- Expert advice on looking after the mental health and wellness of owner/operators and staff
WellingtonNZ’s business recovery team has given out more than $3.5 million in funding since March 2020, to over 1000 regional businesses
*As of 7 October 2020
How does it work?
The first step is to register with the Regional Business Partner Network. If you have already done this, contact your business advisor or email [email protected] to organise a one-on-one assessment with one of our team.
Your assessment will include discussing the type of support you’re looking for and what service providers you could work with.
Once your funding application has been approved, it’s up to you to organise working directly with the provider to get the tools and resources you’re looking for.
This help will literally change our business/life. We are so excited and grateful
Michelle Boyd, Pure Movement