It seems you’re using a browser that is a little past its time and our website might not be able to perform as it should.
If you’d like to have the best experience on WellingtonNZ.com, you can easily update your browser to get the most out of our website and many more for that matter.dismiss this message
John's Fish Market is a family fish and seafood business on the Petone foreshore in Lower Hutt.
John's Fish Market is a family fish and seafood business on the Petone foreshore in Lower Hutt. Customers travel far and wide for our scrumptious fish and chips, freshly caught fish and seafood, deli specialities, home made goodies and friendly service.
We source our fish from local fishermen and fillet it ourselves so the fish is the freshest and tastiest on the market.
Pop in for:
- Homemade kiwi fish n chip faves plus specialties - whitebait fritters, meat patties (secret family recipe), genuine crumbed squid rings, paua fritters, mussel friters, oysters, prawns and lots more. Phone us at 568 3474 x1 to order.
- Choose your own fresh fillets and we will cook them for you (even locally caught flounders)
- Homemade Salads - Seafood, Coleslaw, Raw Fish, Greek Salad
- Large selection of Fillets and Whole Fish - Octopus, Squid, Salmon, Tarakihi, Moki, Gurnard, John Dory, Blue Cod, Groper, Sea Perch and lots more (depending on catch)
- Naturally Smoked Fish (smoked in-house) - Salmon, Groper Roe, Warehou, Moki, Tarakihi, Kahawai...
- Homemade Greek specialities - Tzatziki, Marinated Octopus, Taramasalata, Greek Cakes and Pastries
- Seasonal Seafood Specialities - Kina, Hoki, Bluff Oysters, NZ Scallops, Westcoast Whitebait, Muttonbirds, Flounder...
- Daily specials (always popular with our customers)
- Car parking at rear of the property (down drive or access from Te Puni Street)
...from the simplest, freshest ingredients...comes the most delicious cuisine!