It seems you’re using a browser that is a little past its time and our website might not be able to perform as it should.
If you’d like to have the best experience on WellingtonNZ.com, you can easily update your browser to get the most out of our website and many more for that matter.'
9 Feb 2019
Come celebrate Chinese New Year and welcome in the year of the pig at Te Papa.
Enjoy group dance performances, crafts and face painting for the little ones, lantern making workshops, and a special screening of China’s Ghost Army produced by NHNZ and National Geographic.
- 11am, opening performance (Wellington Foyer, Level 2)
- 11am, lantern workshop (booking required)
- 11am–3pm, face painting/craft activities (Wellington Foyer, Level 4)
- 11.45am–12.45pm group dance performance (Te Marae, Level 4)
- 12.30–1.30pm, China’s Ghost Army screening (Soundings Theatre, Level 2)
- 1.30–2.30pm, group dance performance (Te Marae, Level 4)
- 2pm, lantern workshop (booking required)
Lantern making workshops:
- Book a session starting at either 11am or 2pm.
- These free workshops are aimed at primary school children but adults are welcome to take part. Children must be accompanied by a caregiver.
Please book now via website link as spaces are limited .
In association with China New Zealand Year of Tourism, China Cultural Centre in New Zealand, and Wellington Night Markets.
View this event on Eventfinda