It seems you’re using a browser that is a little past its time and our website might not be able to perform as it should.
If you’d like to have the best experience on WellingtonNZ.com, you can easily update your browser to get the most out of our website and many more for that matter.dismiss this message
In Wellington, summer is an attitude - not just a season. Here are some of our favourite ways to get that Wellington summer feeling.
2. Head to Cuba Street for Wellington's food markets on Friday and Saturday nights and feast on delicious eats from local food trucks.
3. Check out the galleries in the Cuba Street Art Quarter and discover the next big names in contemporary art.
4. Explore the Ghuznee Craft Beer Mile, Wellington's newest brewing neighbourhood of brew bars and boutique shopping.
5. Order some of Boquita's plant-based tacos to-go, and head to Waitangi Park for a picnic
6. Critique the art and enjoy live music with a cash bar of drinks and snacks at City Gallery Wellington's Tuatara Open Late sessions.
7. Have a close encounter with a cheetah, handfeed a panda or touch a tuatara at the magical Wellington Zoo.
8. Go for the potato gratin, stay for the endless filter coffee refills - brunch at Prefab is a Wellington institution. Don't forget a doughnut for the road.
9. Go for a dance at a Gardens Magic concert at the Wellington Botanic Garden, and check out the magical lighting installations after dark.
10. Take a walk up to the Brooklyn Wind Turbine for panoramic views, followed by brunch at the Salty Pidgin on Todman Street.
12. Ride an electric bike from Switched On Bikes around the Miramar Peninsula and laugh in the face of a headwind.
13. Head to Wakefield Street to find your favourite among Field & Green's 17 flavours of hand-churned ice cream, from classic hokey pokey to exotic cardamom and saffron.
15. Meet the marine life from the rocky shores of Wellington's unique south coast at the Island Bay Marine Education Centre.
16. Order some gourmet fish and chips from Salt & Batter in Island Bay and picnic on the beach as you watch the fishing boats come in.
18. Settle in for a movie at architecturally award-winning boutique cinema, Light House Cinema Cuba, with couches, craft beer and choc-top ice creams.