Connect, learn and gain advice from international students who are now studying in tertiary education within the Wellington region
The Pathway Connect Programme is an opportunity for international secondary students within the Wellington region to connect with international tertiary students who are studying in the region.
Gain real insights from someone who has transitioned into New Zealand education, understand what it's like to settle into tertiary education, the opportunities, the challenges and what life is like.
How it works
Secondary students and tertiary students need to register for the programme via the forms below. You will then be matched and introduced with your pathway match.
Once introduced, you and your pathway match will organise when, how (first meeting at the secondary student’s school or via zoom) and the date you will meet.
What can you discuss?
Secondary students: This is your chance to gain insights from international tertiary students on how they transitioned into tertiary education.
Tertiary students: This is your chance to share your knowledge on what it was like as an international student moving into tertiary study.
Discussions might include:
- The student journey into tertiary education
- Challenges, solutions and achievements
- What helped the international student settle into life within tertiary education
- Studying tips for when the secondary student is at university or another tertiary institute
- What other experiences did the tertiary student get involved in that they think might be helpful for the secondary student
Register as a tertiary mentor participant
Are you an international tertiary student studying in the Wellington region? Would you like to be one of our mentors for international secondary students? Please register via the link below.
Note – To become a mentor, you need to be currently studying within the Wellington region.