Activities & Experiences Product Update
A lot has changed in Wellington since 2020. Check out what's different and what's new, as we welcome visitors to the city.
Wellington is the creative capital of New Zealand, where culture, history, nature and cuisine meet.
Hear the stories from passionate guides, be inspired by world-winning creatives and get up close to nature in its natural habitat.
Visitors need at least 2 nights here to have at least one full day to sightsee and experience all Wellington has to offer.
For more information and inspiration to help you sell Wellington's travel products, visit the Tourism Trade Hub.
Activities and experiences
Wellington is a compact city surrounded by nature, fuelled by creative energy and comprised with a compelling product mix. For groups and FITs, there is plenty to see and do.
Other activity updates
- Te Wharewaka o Pōneke Waka (Canoe) and Cultural Walking Tours are currently in hibernation.
- Rover Tours Group are no longer taking FIT bookings. The group was operating five touring brands: Rover Rings Tours, Wellington Nature Tours, Seal Coast Safari, Wellington Hop On Hop Off, and Flat Earth New Zealand Experiences.
- Zest Food Tours are no longer operating in Wellington.
Discover the Wellington region with ease through private, personalised or public tours, guided by Wellington's passionate and knowledgeable storytellers.
Wellington tour operators
Wellington has a range of new and exciting tour operators entering the market with an assortment of unique Wellington highlight tours.
- Capital Personalised Tours - Offers a range of personalised private tasting and sightseeing tours for groups of 1-12. Tours may include Wellington Half or Full day, Lord of the Rings, Kāpiti Coast, and the Wairarapa.
- Kaewa Tours - With a keen eye and passion for sustainability, exceptional guest service and beautifully designed itineraries, Kaewa Tours hosts boutique private tours for up to 10 people. Offers scenic, tasting and artisan half-day, full-day and overnight tours.
- Xplor Tours - Explore unique Wellington experiences with Xplor's informative, entertaining and local guides. Offering half-day, full-day, combo, and exclusive tours.
- Zozo Travel - With a passion for Wellington and the Wairarapa, Zozo Travel hosts small group tours that showcase the best Wellington has to offer. Offering half-day, full-day and multi-day tours full of delights to please tastebuds and sightseers alike.
All prices are retail New Zealand Dollars (NZD). Page last updated: 1 April 2022.