Work Ready in Wellington Programme
Work Ready in Wellington is a free programme of learning designed to prepare international tertiary students for working life in New Zealand
Learn all the skills you need to launch an exciting career in the capital on a Work Ready in Wellington Programme hosted by WellingtonNZ.
Delivered over five 2-hour sessions, a group of local experts and tutors from the local business community will teach you everything you need to know about workplace culture in New Zealand, along with the skills you need to successfully find employment in Wellington. You'll also receive a Work Ready in Wellington completion certificate to add to your CV. By completing this Programme you will also get access to special upskilling Clinics throughout the year.
"The WRP was a real eye-opener that helped me understand the working environment of NZ organizations and of Wellington in particular. It also showed me how I can become a better candidate by fine-tuning my job search strategy.
Work Ready in Wellington 2021 courses
To meet the needs of students in 2021, we are doing a mixed model of delivery. We will host three face to face courses and two online courses.
Note – the first session (12 July) of Course 3 is an online webinar, then the remaining sessions are face to face and based at the Willeston Conference Centre on Willeston Street.
- Monday 12th July, 6pm – 7.30pm: Job Search (Online)
- Tuesday 13th July, 6pm – 8pm: Workplace Communication
- Monday 19th July, 6pm – 8pm: CV and Cover Letters
- Tuesday 20th July, 6pm – 8pm: Interview Techniques
- Monday 26th July, 6pm – 8pm: Employee Rights, Wellbeing and Immigration
- Tuesday 27th July, 6pm - 8pm: Progression to work
Note – the first session (8 Nov) of Course 5 is an online webinar, then the remaining sessions are face to face and based at the Willeston Conference Centre on Willeston street.
- Monday 8th November, 6pm – 7.30pm: Job Search (Online)
- Tuesday 9th November, 6pm – 8pm: Interview Techniques
- Monday 15th November, 6pm – 8pm: Workplace communication
- Tuesday 16th November, 6pm – 8pm: CV and Cover Letters
- Monday 22nd November, 6pm – 8pm: Employee Rights, Wellbeing and Immigration
- Tuesday 23rd November 6pm – 8pm Progression to work
Registrations are not open yet