- LookSee Wellington (LSW, we, us, our) takes privacy very seriously and complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
- This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the Website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
In these Terms:
- Application means an application for selection to attend the LookSee Wellington week and to engage with Wellington Employers of tech talent submitted electronically via the Website at www.lookseewellington.com.
- Application Terms means the LookSee Wellington application terms at www.wellingtonnz.com/looksee-wellington/terms
- LookSeer means a person who has been formally accepted by LSW to attend the LookSee Wellington week
- Visa means a New Zealand visitor visa.
- Immigration NZ means Immigration New Zealand, the New Zealand Government agency that manages immigration to New Zealand. Website means the internet site at www.lookseewellington.com
- LSW means LookSee Wellington
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with LSW, we may collect personal information from or about you. This collection can occur in several ways.
- Information you provide to us directly. If you apply to be considered for the LookSee Wellington week we will ask you to submit personal information as part of that process. We will also collect personal information from you if you choose to receive updates from us, contact us (e.g. via telephone call or email), or otherwise submit your personal information to the Website.
- Information provided by Immigration NZ. Immigration NZ will share a limited amount of information with us related to your application for a Visitor Visa, such as the current visa application status and whether or not the visa has been revoked.
- Information provided by third parties. If you choose to submit an Application, we may collect information about you from third parties referenced in your Application (e.g. from a character reference), as well as supplementary public information from reputable third party data providers such as LinkedIn, in accordance with the Application Terms.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- if you submit an Application, to process your Application in accordance with the Application Terms and to verify your compliance with the Application Terms
- if you are accepted as a LookSeer to provide you with further details and to verify your compliance with the Program Terms.
- to improve the services that we provide
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis
- to carry out and prepare case studies
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO IMMIGRATION NZ
If you apply, and are not a New Zealand citizen or resident, we may disclose personal information about you to Immigration NZ as this will be necessary to secure and expedite a Visitor Visa for you.
- If we do not select you for a LSW Spot, we will not provide Immigration NZ with any personally identifiable information about you.
- We will not provide Immigration NZ with information about you that we have obtained from third parties through the due diligence process described in the Application Terms.
- We may provide Immigration NZ with information on the activities, impact and success stories of LSW Program..
- We will inform Immigration NZ if you withdraw, or are disqualified, from attending as a Lookseer.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER PERSONS
We may also disclose personal information about you as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to any person who is directly involved in Application administration or evaluation, including participating Employers.
- We may disclose your personal information to any business that supports the Program, including companies that have specific services that are relevant to people considering emigration, relocation and settlement in Wellington.
- We may publish information on the activities, impact and success stories of the LookSee Wellington program on the Website and in other marketing materials.
- We may provide anonymised information to other third parties (including by publication on the Website and in other marketing materials).
- We may disclose your personal information to a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority).
- We may disclose your personal information to any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency).
- We may disclose your personal information to any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse, including by implementing data security and management systems in accordance with accepted industry practice.
- We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
- While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.