Standard opening hours:
- The Opera House is open 60 minutes before a performance but can be event dependent.
- Contact us for access outside of these hours.
- The Opera House has eight accessible spaces and eight companion seats located in the stalls on the ground floor of the venue
- Wheelchairs are available at the venue but require you to give advanced notice so they can ensure they are on-site during the event.
- Guide dogs are welcome at the Opera House.
- Some shows may offer audio-described performances and touch tours.
- If you need additional assistance at the venue, you can ask our friendly staff, who are trained to help.
- The Opera House has 10 wideband infrared stethophone hearing loop receiver headsets, with coverage to all seats.
- Some shows may offer sign-language-interpreted performances.
Contact and booking tickets
For more information on accessibility at the Opera House, you can contact Venues Wellington.
To book accessible tickets, or for more information on accessible ticketing, you can contact Ticketmaster on 09 970 9711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking and public transport
- The Opera House does not provide public parking and has no allocated drop-off zone.
- However, the venue is in the heart of the city, so there is convenient street parking and parking buildings nearby.
- There are Metlink bus stops in the area.
Only buy tickets from authorised sellers
Ticketmaster is the official ticketing agent for all events at Venues Wellington venues.
You can buy tickets:
To make sure you don’t miss out on attending an event, please only buy tickets from Ticketmaster. Unauthorised resellers on Viagogo and TradeMe often sell fake tickets. Our venues are not obligated to let you in if you have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised reseller.