For any ticketed events, the box office opens 60 minutes before the event start time. At the box office you can buy tickets, arrange ticket collection, and resolve any ticketing issues.
St James Theatre is committed to providing an accessible and inclusive experience for all patrons. The theatre has wheelchair access, accessible seating, hearing assistance devices, companion tickets and guide dog facilities.
- The St James Theatre has eight accessible spaces and eight companion seats located in the stalls on the ground floor of the venue. Elevator access is available from the ground floor.
- Wheelchairs are available at the venue but require you to give advanced notice so they can ensure they are on-site during the event
Reduced mobility access
- Stalls — The entrance is via the ground floor with no stairs.
- Dress Circle — Access is either via the stairs or elevator. There are a few steps as you enter the theatre seating space, therefore it is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Grand Circle — Access is via stairs only.
If you need additional assistance at the venue, please ask our friendly staff, who are trained to help.
- Guide dogs are welcome at the St James Theatre.
- Some shows offer audio-described performances and touch tours.
- If you need additional assistance at the venue, you can ask their friendly staff, who are trained to help.
- The St James Theatre is equipped with an audio loop for patrons with hearing impairments.
- The loop covers all levels of the theatre and uses an infrared system with receivers and headphones.
- Some shows offer sign-language-interpreted performances.
Contact and booking tickets
Parking and public transport
- St James Theatre does not have public parking available. There is limited space directly outside the venue for drop off and pick up.
- The venue is in the heart of the city, so there is convenient street parking and parking buildings nearby. You can find parking options on Parkopedia.
- There are Metlink bus stops directly outside the St James Theatre and across the road.
Only buy tickets from authorised sellers
Ticketmaster is the official ticketing agent for all events at Venues Wellington venues.
You can buy tickets:
To make sure you don’t miss out on attending an event, please only buy tickets from Ticketmaster. Unauthorised resellers on Viagogo and TradeMe often sell fake tickets. Our venues are not obligated to let you in if you have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised reseller.